- The policy and this narrative will be published.
- Employees with State paid cell phones will receive a notice in the cell phone bill that there is a
policy change that affects them and they will be referred to the published materials.
- Telecommunications will arrange for the cellular carriers to be on campus and publish contact information,
etc for employees' reference.
- Department heads need to review the list of current State paid cell phone users and decide which of the
three plans in the policy applies.
- Employees with special phones need to seek approval from their department head to surplus the phone
and purchase from the UT-H. This information needs to be sent to Telecommunications for review, approval
- Department heads need to document their decisions, send a copy to Telecommunications and retain in
their departmental files.
- Department heads need to notify employees who will get the supplement and when it will start.
- Department administrators need to process payroll supplements for all of the employees who will get supplements.
- Employees need to arrange for personal cellular service with the current carrier or a new carrier.
- Department administrators need to cancel state paid cell phone service for the employee.
- Everybody lives happily ever after.